Welcome to the 2020 Summer Reading Program
Imagine Your Story
Starts June 1 through August 31.
For details, see the information below!
Pre-Reader through 5th Grade
Community Reading Goal
All minutes logged by children, teens and adults will count toward a shared reading goal. We will be working toward a donation to our community Food Bank thanks to a generous donation from AECOM.
- Log your time spent reading into your Richland Public Library BeanStack account.
- Optional: log book titles, add reviews or picture reviews
- You will begin earning badges, prizes and raffle tickets as you accumulate minutes beginning with 3 hours.
- At 6 hours, you will receive the $6 coupon for Adventures Underground paid for by the Friends of the Richland Public Library.
- You can choose how to use your raffle tickets within your BeanStack account.
- 12 inch Bikes
- 16 inch Bikes
- $10 Gift Cards for Adventures Underground
- $10 Gift Cards for the Rollarena
- Book Bundles
- Guided Tour of the Library for up to 10 people
- Special Edition 2020 Summer Reading Program Library Card (Must have library account to be eligible.)
You will earn your completion badge and a pass for the George Prout Memorial Pool when you earn 3 badges but you can continue earning badges and raffle tickets throughout the summer.
Other Badges (earn raffle tickets)
- Turtle’s Travels (Print out the turtle and take a photo of him doing something you like to do!)
- Art Fun (complete at least one)
- Draw a map of someplace you have been
- Roll a silly creature.
- Decorate a rock and hide it for someone to find.
- Draw a self portrait. Make it as realistic or fun as you like.
- Sketch Hunt
- Group Picture. What can you come up with as a group?
Book Award Winners (read at least four)
- Newbery Award
- Caldecott Award
- Coretta Scott king Award
- Pura Belpre Award
- Schneider Family Award
- Mathical Award
- 2021 Sasquatch Award nominee
- 2021 Otter Award nominee
- 2021 Children’s Choice Award nominee
- Folk and Fairy Tales (read four folk or fairy tales)
- Give Us Some Feedback (take our short survey)
- Just for Fun (choose at least 1)
- Unconventional Building Materials
- Paper Airplanes
- Make a tunnel or bridge
- Build a tower
- Rock stacking
- Non-Fiction Reading (choose at least 4)
- Read a book about space
- Read a non-fiction graphic novel
- Read a history book
- Read a biography
- Read a poetry book
- Read a book about animals
- Read a book about insects or spiders Read a book about another country
- Read a book about volcanoes
- Read a book about rocks and minerals
- Read a book about sports
- Sweater Weather (choose at least 1)
- Learn to finger knit, crochet or knit and turn in a strand for Sweater Weather 2020.
- Learn to make a tassel and turn one in for Sweater Weather 2020.
We are Makers (choose at least 1)
- Make something from a craft book
- Make something from a cook book
- Do a science project
- Learn a magic trick
- Check out an origami book and fold something
- Check out a joke book. Memorize one to share with your family and friends
We Love to Read (choose at least 5)
- Read under a tree
- Read with a flashlight
- Read a book by a new to you author
- Read in a tent or fort
- Start a new series
- Read aloud to someone in your family
- Reread a favorite book
- Read two books by the same author
- Read a graphic novel
- Read aloud to someone using a phone or computer